G-Post Training Class
Course Overview and Intended Audience
This four and a half (4 1/2) day educational offering instructs the student to use the Option File Generator to create postprocessors for machine tool controllers and to use the Factory Interface Language (FIL) to enhance the functionality of a postprocessor. This course is structured for manufacturing engineers, NC programmers, machinists with some knowledge of computers, and middle managers.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Use the Option File Generator
- Write FIL routines
- Use major/minor words to effect output of the punch file
- Introduce what "common" variables are, how to change them, and why
The student should have a working knowledge of mathematics (i.e., algebra and trigonometry) and a basic understanding of the fundamentals of programming. Additionally, the student should be familiar with basic CNC machine codes and understand how CL files are created for use by the G-Post.
The student will be issued a G-Post manual and FIL manual. A variety of visual aids will be provided as well.
Summary of Course Topics
- Introduction to postprocessor programming
- How major/minor postprocessor words are used
- How to use the Option File Generator to create a postprocessor
- How to edit the option file to change machine control data output
- How to write FIL files to expand the capability of the G-Post
- Build a postprocessor from the ground up